Chocolate Protein Bars
- 25 min
- 55 min
- 12 bars
- 250 ml (1 cup) quick-cook oats
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chia seeds
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped almonds
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) cocoa
- 250 ml (1 cup) dried dates
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Joyya 3.25% Ultrafiltered Milk
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place rack in middle position.
- Butter and line a 28 x 20 cm (11 x 8 inch) baking dish with parchment paper, letting the excess hang over both sides.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, chopped almonds, and cocoa. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring dates and Joyya Ultrafiltered Milk to a boil. Let simmer 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Mash dates with a wooden spoon.
- Add the oat mixture to the dates and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add the almond butter and chocolate chips and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Let cool approximately 30 minutes before unmoulding.
- Once completely cool, cut into 12 bars. These bars keep in the fridge for up to 1 week; can also be frozen.