The Food Gays' Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Crumble Muffins
- 1 HR
- 12 muffins
- 12 muffins
For the Whole Wheat Oat Crumble
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 90 mL (6 tbsp) of cold butter
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) of brown sugar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of rolled oats
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) honey
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vanilla
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) apple sauce
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Joyya Ultrafiltered Milk
- 415 mL (1 3/4 cup) whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cup baking powder
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, cored and diced about 375mL (1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tin with paper liners and start preparing the crumble.
- In a small bowl, add flour, butter and sugar. Break down butter using a fork and mix into the flour and sugar until a crumble like texture, then add rolled oats. Set aside to top muffins.
- In a mixing bowl, add brown sugar and egg. Whisk together for 1 minute, then add honey, vanilla, olive oil, apple sauce and Joyya Ultrafiltered Milk. Whisk to combine well and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, then add diced apple and toss until the apples are completely coated.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop muffin batter into prepared muffin tin. Top each with a generous amount of crumble and bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before enjoyying.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencers @FoodGays