Breakfast Egg Cups
- 5 min
- 15 min
- 15 egg cups
- 12 eggs (recommend to use free run or free range)
- 1 cup Joyya 2% Partly Skimmed Ultrafiltered Milk
- 2/3 cup ham chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Saputo Very Mild White Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Saputo Grana Padano or Saputo Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 227 g white whole mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 2 small red chili peppers, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sauté chopped mushrooms in 1 1/2 tbsp of salted butter. Season your mushrooms with salt and pepper to taste. Continue sautéing until the mushrooms are soft and the moisture has evaporated. Set aside. NOTE: do not add chopped mushrooms directly to egg mixture without sautéing because they will cause your egg cups to be watery.
- Chop the chives and red chili peppers into fine pieces and set aside. Chop ham into small chunks and set aside as well. Grate the aged cheddar and Grana Padano cheeses.
- In a large bowl, which together eggs and milk. Add salt and black pepper to taste (about 2 tbsp of each). Add chives, chili peppers, ham, and cheese and stir. Add mushrooms to the egg mixture, once they've cooled for a couple of minutes.
- Grease a cupcake tin using the 1/2 tbsp of butter or a cooking spray. Ensure the bottom and sides are sufficiently coated.
- Ladle egg mixture into cupcake tin and bake in oven for about 15 minutes, or until a knife stuck in the centre of an egg cup comes out clean.
- Let stand to cool in cupcake tin or on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @dineandfash